The extent of our role in respect of this element of one of our core services can be wide ranging depending upon the scale and complexities of the individual projects concerned. We have collectively been involved in managing projects that have delivered single plots and barn conversions, through to planning permissions for a sustainable urban extension delivering 4,500 new homes and associated facilities and ancillary uses.
Typically, our role as Project Manager would involve the following key processes:
- Working alongside clients and planning consultants to devise the planning strategy;
- Managing the project team to ensure outputs meet instructions and client aspirations;
- Instructing the consultant team;
- Monitoring and managing fees;
- Issuing and monitoring planning application programmes;
- Managing project team meetings;
- Close working relationship with planning consultants and being the key conduit between the consultant team and the client;
- Attendance and management of steering group, technical sub-group and liaison group meetings as part of the planning process;
- Attendance at public exhibitions;
- Reviewing key reports, studies, environmental statements to ensure mitigation strategy/recommendations are commercially realistic and deliverable;
- At all times we seek to ensure that what has been proposed within the application seeks to meet the commercial objectives of our clients;
- Close liaison with planning and legal officers through the Section 106 process;
- Working with planning consultants in negotiating with key stakeholders throughout the process;
- Reporting to clients on a regular basis.
Our project management role can be tailored to the individual requirements of the scheme and other members of the consultant team.
"We have worked with Hawksmoor for many years and have always been impressed with the standard of service that they provide. In land acquisition or sales, project management and development consultancy they are tough negotiators and strong team players."