Managing Director of Hawksmoor
Previously Land Manager with Radleigh Homes Ltd
Formerly Associate with Fisher German
BSc (Hons) – Rural Enterprise and Land Management
Harper Adams University College
Second Class Honours Division One; Registered RICS Valuer
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
Full Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
2006 – Present
Director of Hawksmoor Property Services Limited from September 2006, Managing Director from February 2013
January 2003 – October 2006
Senior Land Manager at Radleigh Homes Limited.
Responsible for the identification and acquisition of land suitable for residential development. Reporting directly to the Board of Directors. Responsible for the instruction of lawyers and completion of all legal agreements during acquisition process
July 1997 to December 2002
Associate of Fisher German Chartered Surveyors
Involved in all aspects of general practice and development advice on behalf of clients.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Identification and acquisition of residential development opportunities.
- Financial appraisals and valuation of land and property.
- Negotiation of acquisition and disposal of land and negotiation of contractual terms associated with the transaction of residential and mixed use opportunities.
- Project Management and co-ordinating professional consultants on large development projects.
- Negotiating and liaising with Local Authorities in respect of Section 106 Agreements and planning applications.
- Key understanding of the planning system.
- Landowner advice on all aspects of planning, development and disposal.
North East of Leicester Sustainable Urban Extension
Identification, acquisition and promotion of land on behalf of Commercial Estates Group on land to the north east of Leicester for 4,500 new homes. The site achieved a resolution to grant planning permission in November 2014 for the full 4,500 new homes and ancillary uses, in advance of an adopted Core Strategy. Section 106 Agreement is due to be signed imminently.
Project management and delivery of land to the West of Shrewsbury for 400 new homes. Ensuring the planning permission was deliverable and sufficiently detailed to enable the land to be sold unconditionally based on the outline planning permission. We worked closely with Knight Frank in the disposal of the site to two major housebuilders.
Empingham Road, Stamford
Project management of consultant team, which succeeded in obtaining planning permission for 400 new homes, 10 hectares of employment land and a local centre. Land for the new homes was sold unconditionally to Taylor Wimpey, based on the outline planning permission.
Other Recent Schemes
Thame – 175 units
Burton on Trent – 250 units
Season ticket holder at Wolves, golf and taxi driver to two young daughters!